Create a cooler home during summer
- One could probably run about 20 – 30 ceiling fans for the same amount of energy that would be needed to run one domestic air conditioning unit. That’s a huge difference in energy consumption!
- In hot or humid environments where an air conditioner is considered essential, it makes a lot of sense to operate a ceiling fan in tandem with the air conditioner. Because of the wind-chill effect caused by the fan draft, one can set the air conditioner temperature higher than would otherwise have been the case. In this way, the energy consumed by the conditioner can be reduced by up to 30% to achieve the same “felt” temperature.
- Heat “discomfort” is caused by a combination of Temperature and relative Humidity. When these two factors combine, one can quickly begin to feel uncomfortable.
- A ceiling fan creates a gentle breeze which evaporates body moisture and makes one immediately feel cooler and more comfortable.
- In the bedroom, a gently circulating ceiling fan makes so much more sense than running an expensive air conditioner that can dry the air and lead to chest and nasal problems. In the gentle “sleep” speed positions 1 and 2 your Timber fan will operate soundlessly and efficiently. And on top of that it will deter all but the most determined mosquitoes!!